Daylight Saving Time Ends November 7, 2021
Daylight Saving Time ends this Sunday, November 7 at 2:00 a.m. As we fall back and turn our clocks back, there is no better time than now to conduct some basic winter home maintenance.
At Mt. Franklin Insurance, we want your winter season to start off on the right foot, which is why we have gathered a few Fallback Saving Time home maintenance tips to add to your to-do list:
- Change your smoke detector batteries. In order for your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to work efficiently, the batteries should be replaced at least twice a year. Changing the batteries to these life-saving devices will help them to work properly.
- Inspect your roof. Your roof is the first line of defense against water damage to your home. Whether you have shingles, tin or concrete tiles, delaying repairs to your roof can cause water damage inside your home the next time a storm hits.
- Clean your gutters. Gutters direct water away from your roof. If your gutters are clogged, then this can cause water damage to your home. Cleaning and unclogging your gutters can prevent expensive repairs.
- Clean and replace HVAC filters. This should be done more than once a year. A dirty filter can cause your air conditioner to work harder and can also increase your energy bill. Check for and replace any faulty water lines running to your evaporative cooler. Leaks from broken water lines can cause damage to your roof that can drain your wallet.
- Review your home insurance needs. In addition to physical maintenance around your home, we also recommend reviewing your Home Insurance Policy to make sure that you are properly covered. A lot of things can change in a year. Your insurance needs should reflect those changes. Call us for a free review.
Contact the Mt. Franklin Insurance Team to make sure your family and home are properly protected.