Mt. Franklin Insurance is the largest Independent Insurance Broker in the region covering El Paso, Far West Texas and Southern New Mexico. Founded in 2010, we specialize in offering customized Auto, Home, and Commercial insurance to cover all your needs.
We serve the southwest region including New Mexico and Texas with office in El Paso and San Antonio. Being an independent agent gives us the freedom to quote multiple national insurance carriers and to find the best rate and coverage for our clients. Our goal is to save you money and time when searching for the right insurance coverage. Whether you want the state minimum coverage or the most inclusive coverage, we are the insurance broker to call. We won’t sell you what you don’t need.
Our extensive insurance knowledge, hundreds of aggregate years of experience, and friendly agents will provide you with peace of mind knowing your assets are well protected. We make insurance buying simple and efficient. We are proud of our reputation, backed by countless client testimonials and google reviews and we work hard to keep it that way.
This mission is built upon the pillars of :
- Unmatched Experience
- Local Service and Values
- Unparalleled access to carriers
- Planning for you all year long
Founders of Mt. Franklin Insurance:
Bill Carvajal is a second generation insurance businessman in El Paso with a renowned 30+ year insurance career. Bill learned the marketplace working with his father at Associated Insurance Agency (AIA), building his knowledge and honing his skills in analyzing needs and providing the right solutions and products. In the 1990s, he and his brother Steve took over the business and grew it into the 3rd largest insurance brokerage in El Paso by acquiring other agencies such as J. Paul Henderson and Pineda-Roedehaver. Their success led Brown & Brown, one of the top 10 national brokerages, to purchase AIA and appoint Bill to run the El Paso branch.
In 2010, Bill became a founding member of Mt. Franklin Insurance Agency. Informing Mt. Franklin, Bill says “I am excited for this opportunity that allows me to return to my roots and spend more time on the aspects of my job that I love: strengthening the El Paso community by building relationships and delivering services that make our businesses more secure.”
Bill holds insurance licenses in the States of Texas and New Mexico. He has achieved the distinguished Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) designation.
Bill is married with one son and enjoys spending his free time in the outdoors of West Texas.
He can be reached at bill@MtFranklin.com.
Shane Lipson is a native El Paso with over 15 years of experience in business operations and insurance. He began his career as a management consultant working with global corporations to streamline processes and improve their business strategies. Shane then chose to develop a specialty in the insurance industry, leading to roles at two of the largest brokers in the world. First at Marsh and then at Willis, Shane was part of core operations teams with a focus on improving customer support processes.
After spending 20 years in the northeastern US, Shane decided it was time to return home to El Paso, and in 2010 formed Mt. Franklin Insurance Agency. Shane says “At Mt. Franklin, I enjoy applying my years of large corporate insurance experience to help individual clients evaluate and manage their risk, no matter the scale of their needs”. Shane is often tapped as a guest speaker for undergraduate and graduate business courses at different universities in the region. Shane holds insurance licenses in the States of Texas, New Mexico, and New York. He has achieved the distinguished Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) and Associate in Insurance Services (AIS) professional designations.
Shane is married with two sons. He holds a flight instructor certificate that he uses to teach others and fly missions on behalf of the Civil Air Patrol.
He can be reached at shane@MtFranklin.com.
We are proud to present you with our exclusive Mt. Franklin Client Proposition that outlines our commitment to you. At Mt. Franklin, every one of us works diligently every day to make your business more secure and to support the trust you have placed in us.
Our founding mission is to deliver clients clarity of services unmatched by any other agency in El Paso or Las Cruces. It forms the cornerstone of how we view our partnership with you and serves as the basis of every action we take on your behalf. This mission is built upon the pillars of Unmatched Experience, Local Service and Values, Unparalleled Access to Carriers, and Planning for You All Year Long.
This mission is built upon the pillars of :
Pillar 1: Unmatched Experience
From guiding you through a complex set of product options to knowing what carriers will offer the best value, there is no substitute for an experienced insurance advisor. Mt. Franklin commits to bringing you experienced professionals.
- Our principals have built careers working for some of the largest agencies in the world.
- As a client, you get a dedicated team that stays with you. We will not farm out your business to others or bring inexperienced staff to support you.
- You will also find our experience in the way we run our back office and the strong relationships we have with carriers.
Pillar 2: Local Service and Values
The business model of some large national insurance brokers is to send as much profit as possible to out-of-state corporate headquarters. This means as hard as the local staff works to win your business, the primary mission they have been given may come at the expense of quality service for you. Mt. Franklin commits to bringing you local service focused on building long-term sustainable relationships.
- We are home grown and are invested in our community.
- We know that El Paso is unique and that your business is too, and that’s why we love doing business here.
- We are here to stay and will only do that by succeeding in servicing you.
We will staff your account with primary and back up service representatives to ensure that your needs are met.
Pillar 3: Unparalleled access to carriers
Some smaller and local agencies promise excellent service, but don’t have the breadth of carrier relationships to provide high caliber coverage. Mt. Franklin commits to offering a premium and comprehensive network of carriers to ensure you have options and that all your coverage needs can be met.
We will only place your coverage with top tier carriers. We make sure our carriers are rated at least “A” so you can rest easy that your coverage is safe.
- We continuously seek to add new carriers to our already strong portfolio in order to offer even more options.
- We provide full spectrum coverage that includes commercial, personal, life and health, benefits, and surety appointments.
- For those hard to place specialty coverages, we even offer a diverse set of excess and surplus lines (E&S) markets.
Pillar 4: Planning For You All Year Long
When you partner with us you can have peace of mind in your insurance coverage, knowing that with Mt. Franklin you are never “out of sight, out of mind.” Mt. Franklin commits to a comprehensive planning process that begins with our initial consultation, and continues with annual strategic review.
- For new engagements we prepare a detailed proposal outlining scope of coverage and competitive bids, as well as your dedicated client service team.
- We review all options and make the coverage decisions together so that you have a full understanding of the product you are purchasing and the risk management it provides.
- Throughout the year, we will keep abreast of developments in your business and in the insurance marketplace.
- Each year, we will contact you at least 60 days before your renewal to review your current coverage and determine if changes need to be made. Often remaining with a strong incumbent carrier and product level is the right choice, but we won’t know that unless we evaluate other market options.